Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] 2nd post ... a little more intelligent (I think) regarding director server

2011-01-07 14:36:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] 2nd post ... a little more intelligent (I think) regarding director server
From: lance raymond <lance.raymond AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 14:34:11 -0500
Still reading (eyes not bleeding yet), but I understand not all objects need be on the same device.

Well the issue is most servers the client has are old RH9 ones and reading some old posts I see the end of rpm support, and I am trying to roll this out right the first time.  I have a brand new cleanly staged centos 5.x box doing nothing, and the current backup server is another old RH9 box, but he has the internal storage I need.  I am looking at the object definition diagram and it seems I can do what I want which is install bacula via RPM as the 'director' on the new server and simply add that old server with the space as a 'storage' object.  By doing that I think I am nice and current right?

That should be the last question before the install on the machine.  The dev install I did was on a test VM with newer software, I want to really avoid compiling for many reasons, so if that above scenario will work and it's not tough to just say "hey your storage is over there" then I want to go that route.

Thanks.