Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Searching for files

2010-10-24 06:26:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Searching for files
From: ladolf <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 06:23:12 -0400
Thank you all for the answers. Especially to Phil and posted SQL query. When I
get back to work on Monday I will create PHP script that will search for file.
I will post it here. If I can find job id and full path for file, then this
would be sufficient.

It happened to me two weeks ago. My boss claimed there was one file on file
system that someone has deleted. He only know part of filename, part of path
and approximate date when file was created. I searched in all jobs after that
date. I just couldn't find it. My explanation was that the file was backed up
on daily backup, then the file was deleted before it was backed up on weekly or
monthly backup. With search tool there would be no doubts.