Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Searching for files

2010-10-22 18:07:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Searching for files
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:03:55 -0400
On 10/22/10 14:07, mark.bergman AT uphs.upenn DOT edu wrote:
> The pithy ruminations from Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net> on
> "Re: [Bacula-users] Searching for files" were:
>
> => On 10/22/10 02:47, ladolf wrote:
> => > Maybe anyone knows how to query the bacula database directly to get
> => > search result for a file.
> =>
> => At the simplest possible level: start up bconsole, use the SQL query
> => function, and enter this query:
>
> Wow.
>
> Could you please re-read this, and consider whether this is really the
> "simplest possible level"? I think I understand what you mean, but it's far
> from "simple".

The OP asked for a way to directly query the Bacula DB for a file that
he can only remember part of the filename of.  That short one-liner
query in the Filename table really is the simplest way to retrieve full
filenames case-insensitively matching the part he remembers, and the SQL
Query function in bconsole is the simplest way to execute it for someone
not proficient in SQL.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.