Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula mysql cleanup

2010-10-18 11:00:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula mysql cleanup
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: "Holikar, Sachin (ext)" <sachin.holikar.ext AT siemens DOT com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:57:55 +0100
Holikar, Sachin (ext) wrote:

> You are right Alan.
> It's a database dump file.
> So you mean to say that I can compress the current file and rename it. So
> that next time
> Mysql will start writing onto new bacula.sql file?

Yes, but see Bruno's post on this - which also shows you how to change
things (also change the catalog fileset in bacula-dir.conf).

> Will it not affect the functionality of mysql and in turn bacula any way?
> More importantly ,we wish to change the location of this directory itself.

Keep the dump on local disk if at all possible. Writing out to NFS will
probably increase the dump time by a factor of 3 as well as increasing
the time taken to write back to tape.

If you don't need bacula.sql, then enable the runafterjob line which
deletes the dump once it's written to tape.

See also other comments about dumping the database directly to tape
without the intermediate database step (We keep the last 10 dumps on
disk, so I prefer the way it's setup by default)

AB