Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Getting bacula to work within limited space

2010-10-05 11:19:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Getting bacula to work within limited space
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Mark Coolen <mark.coolen AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 11:17:31 -0400
2010/10/5 Mark Coolen <mark.coolen AT gmail DOT com>:
> I'm having a hard time configuring bacula to stay within the 1TB
> backup space I have available. I'm backing up Student, Teacher and
> Office files at a Secondary school.
> The total size of the files is ~200GB
> I'm running a Full backup on the 1st Sat. of the month, a Diff. on the
> 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Sat. and nightly Inc. backups Mon. - Fri.
> I'd like to retain the Full backups for as close to 3 months as I can
> get within the space.
> Inc. Jobs run around 10GB, Diff. Jobs run around 30GB (although I
> could lower the totals by eliminating some directories.
>
> Attached is my current director file.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I would investigate the size of the volume files directly. Also
remember that changing the pool definitions does not affect already
existing volumes. They will retain their old restrictions unless you
specifically apply the new configuration in bacula using two update
statements.. I do not remember the exact syntax so I will search the
archives for that if you need this.

John