Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.2 "Truncate" feature not working

2010-06-23 13:14:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.2 "Truncate" feature not working
From: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:11:35 -0400
Marc,
     Thanks for the tip. Is it recommended to run this daily as a runscript, or after each job?

Thanks,
Shon

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Marc Schiffbauer <marc AT schiffbauer DOT net> wrote:
* Mingus Dew schrieb am 21.06.10 um 19:43 Uhr:
> I am running 5.0.2 on Solaris 10 x86 edition. I upgraded to 5.0.2
> specifically to use the Truncate volumes on purge feature.
> I have setup Pool and updated volumes and followed the manual, but still my
> volumes do not seem to be truncating.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has this setup and working and could share their
> relevant config and experiences.

Hi Shon,

I was having the same "problem".

To actually truncate volumes you have to manually run the bconsole
command mentioned in the docs or let bacula run it with a RunScript.

For example:
 *purge volume action="" storage=File allpools

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134