Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bat not showing all files

2010-06-21 20:37:38
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bat not showing all files
From: Mark Stiebel <mark AT froop DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:06:23 +1000
Hi,

I've spent the last couple of nights setting up Bacula for a home install, and the one niggling issue I've come across is that in the "Version History" of the Bat GUI, I'm only seeing a partial list of directories/files to select from.

Here's my setup.

bacula 5.0.2
Director, sd and fd running on a WD MyBook World Edition NAS using SQLite (linux 2.6 kernel on ARM)
1x Win7 64-bit client
1x WinXP client

I've set up vchanger as a virtual autoloader to backup to an external HDD conneced to the NAS.

I've run successful backup tests to both a local File (in /tmp) as per the bacula docs, and to the autochanger. Also successful backups from all three clients.

I've backed up ~2Gb of "My Documents" from the XP client, and about 30Gb of MP3s from the linux client.

Using bconsole on the WD, I can use "restore" to browse through the full repositories of the My Documents and MP3 backups, and have done a few single file restores.

However, using the windows Bat GUI (both 32 and 64 bit) when trying to use the Version Browser, it only shows a handful of the directories available. Deselecting or increasing the record limit makes no difference.

The only linux boxes I have at my disposal are my Linksys router and the WD, neither of which are powerful enough to run the linux GUIs, so I'm unable to determine whether this is isolated to the Windows Bat GUI.

Is there something else that I could be missing?

Thanks.

-= Mark
-= mark AT froop DOT net