Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-4 tape: only 20mb/sec when used with bacula

2010-06-21 06:57:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-4 tape: only 20mb/sec when used with bacula
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Lukas Kolbe <l-lists AT einfachkaffee DOT de>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:54:08 +0200
2010/6/20 Lukas Kolbe <l-lists AT einfachkaffee DOT de>
Hi!

Hi,

We use a Tandberg autochanger with two IBM Ultrium LTO-4 drives behind a
24-disk RAID50. When used with with testdata and dd or tar (in dd's case
with bs=1M), both drives get acceptable rates of around 170MiB per
second. However, when used with bacula for a copy job (Our default pool
is the diskpool, the jobs get copied to tape during the day), only
20MiB/second get written to the tape, while bacula-sd consumes a full
cpu.

It seems that it is a problem mentioned on bacula-devel list last month, see: http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net/msg06423.html

If it is a problem for you, try avoid copy jobs or prepare to migrate to Bacula Enterprise in near future: http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net/msg06492.html or fix the problem by yourself.

Regards,
Lukas

Regards

Radek