Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problem with connection in Bacula-Bat

2010-06-21 06:54:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem with connection in Bacula-Bat
From: Cato Myhrhagen <cato.myhrhagen AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:43:59 +0200
Hello

I have som problems getting Bacula-Bat working. Here is what i have done so far:

1. Installed FreeBSD 8.0 rel
2. From the ports catalogue i have installed Gnome Lite
3. Uppgraded all the ports with CVsup
4. Then I installed Bacula 5.0.0.1 rel (with MySQL), altso from the ports catalogue.
5. Installed BAT 5.0.0.1

I then tried to start Bat by opening Gnome, starting a teminalvindow and typing bat, but got error message (dont have it now becouse it stoped giving me this message). I also notised that bacula-dir prosess stopped when i tried to start Bat. Then i checked if MySQL was running, but it wasnt even installed (i thought it would be installed together with Bacula, but no)

Therefor i installed MySQL-server 5.0.90, started it and tried to run BAT again. The program starts but dosent seem to work. It continues to try to connect to the database i think. In the lover left corner of the BAT Gui i continues to display the folloving: "Connecting to Direbtor Localhost:9010" and then says "Connection fails"

Is there something i need to configure in BAT og Bacula to get BAT to connect correctly?

Best regards
Cato