Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula on SLES 11

2010-06-17 07:04:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula on SLES 11
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:01:42 +0200
On 06/16/2010 03:22 PM, Alex Huth wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have installed Bacula on SLES 11 using the SLES 11/RPM provided by
> OpenSuSE. The RPM´s didn´t create a bacula user and the daemons all run
> as root.
> On a FreeBSD machine running bacula i see the dir/sd daemon running as
> bacula and the fd deamon as root/wheel. Now i have created a bacula
> user, but how can i make the two daemons run as bacula?
>
> Also i can´t connect with the bconsole. I have set all passwords in the
> conf files. When i use bconsole it does nothing on the console.
>
> How can i solve this two problems?
>
> Greetings
>
> Alex

Hi Alex, on my openSUSE installation I have added a /etc/sysconfig/bacula file
containing this
cat bacula
#!/bin/sh
DIROPTS="-u bacula -g bacula"
SDOPTS="-u bacula -g bacula"
FDOPTS="-u root -g bacula"

and in /etc/init.d/bacula-dir bacula-sd bacula-fd init script

bacula-dir, bacula-sd, bacula-fd add a line to read it

# source process status functions
# this gives us funtion rc_status -v to tell us if we succeed or fail
. /etc/rc.status
# Read our bacula configuration
. /etc/sysconfig/bacula

And for each dameon add the appropriate options
(here for bacula-dir)

    start)
       echo -n "Starting the Bacula Director: "
       /sbin/startproc /usr/sbin/bacula-dir $2 $DIROPTS -c
/etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
       RETVAL=$?

(for bacula-sd)
       /sbin/startproc /usr/sbin/bacula-sd $2 $SDOPTS -c
/etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf

(for bacula-fd)
       /sbin/startproc /usr/sbin/bacula-fd $2 $FDOPTS -c
/etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf

This can be largely optimized, but do the trick to start bacula daemons with
right users.

I your case, as you already start them with root, you have to check every media
for storage (if file based) and also the working
dir (usually /var/lib/bacula) have the owner set to bacula, and proper right to
them ..

Hope this give you a way under lizards ...

--

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl
2830 Vellerat - Switzerland