Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] No slots from bconsole

2010-06-16 10:53:12
Subject: [Bacula-users] No slots from bconsole
From: Michael Siroskey <msiroskey AT mbi.osu DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:18:51 -0400
Hi,

I am currently trying to get an autochanger working in 5.0.2.  The
autochanger was working in 3.x but sense then we had to replace the
server the storage daemon runs on, changed the host name and updated
Bacula to the latest version.  The autochanger is running on a
difference system then the director.   When I issue an update slots scan
from bconsole I receive "No slots in changer to scan" but when I run
mtx-changer script directly on the storage daemon host and get the
correct response of 48 slots.  Any ideas?

su -m bacula -c '/usr/lib64/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/sg9 slots'
bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied
RequestSense (0x03) failed
mtx: Request Sense: Long Report=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=70 (Current)
mtx: Request Sense: Sense Key=Unit Attention
mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no
mtx: Request Sense: EOM=no
mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Code = 28
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 00
mtx: Request Sense: BPV=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=no
mtx: Request Sense: SKSV=no
Mode sense (0x1A) for Page 0x1D failed
48

#
# bacula-sd.conf
#
….
Autochanger {
   Name = MSL4048
   Device = lto4drive1, lto4drive2
   Changer Command = "/usr/lib/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
   Changer Device = /dev/sg9
}

# The Ultrium-drive 1
Device {
   Name = lto4drive1
   Drive Index = 0
   Media Type = LTO-4
   Archive Device = /dev/nst1
   AutomaticMount = yes; # when device opened, read it
   AlwaysOpen = no;
   RemovableMedia = yes;
   RandomAccess = no;
   AutoChanger = yes
   # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
   Maximum Changer Wait = 600;
}

# The Ultrium-drive 2
Device {
   Name = lto4drive2
   Drive Index = 1
   Media Type = LTO-4
   Archive Device = /dev/nst0
   AutomaticMount = yes; # when device opened, read it
   AlwaysOpen = no;
   RemovableMedia = yes;
   RandomAccess = no;
   AutoChanger = yes
   # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
   Maximum Changer Wait = 600;
}

Thanks
Michael