Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] problem with bextract and bscan

2010-06-16 22:08:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] problem with bextract and bscan
From: Texar <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 17:39:38 -0400
Hello,

I Have a problem with a save, for some unknown reason, some files list has been
pruned/purged from the mysql database and when i try to restore the files i
have an error message telling me the files are not found onto the database.

Anyway,

i tried to restore it by using the bextract command.

The full save is onto a file (no tape).

I am not able to extract anything, when a file is 0 legth no probs, but when i
have a file to restore nothing happen but waiting ..;

here is an example og what happen:

bextract  -V "nfs-full-27" /home/backup /home/restore
bextract: butil.c:281 Using device: "/home/backup" for reading.
15-jun 19:03 bextract JobId 0: Ready to read from volume "nfs-full-27" on
device "FileStorage" (/home/backup).
bextract JobId 0: -rw-r--r--   1 1001     1001             498 2010-05-08
01:01:54  /home/restore/home/backup/138/current/etc/exports

the directory has been created but the file is 0 byte length. Any idea what is
going on?

another things i tried:

creating again the record onto the database by using the command bscan. The
system tell me it is unable to connect onto my mysql database. but the
username, password and privileges are ok:

bscan -u bscan -p hidden -h 127.0.0.1 -c bacula-sd.conf -V nfs-full-72
/home/backup
bscan: butil.c:281 Using device: "/home/backup" for reading.
15-jun 19:04 bscan JobId 0: Ready to read from volume "nfs-full-72" on device
"FileStorage" (/home/backup).
15-jun 19:04 bscan: ERROR TERMINATION at bscan.c:304
mysql.c:195 Unable to connect to MySQL server.
Database=bacula User=bscan
MySQL connect failed either server not running or your authorization is
incorrect.

 mysql -u bscan -p -h 127.0.0.1 bacula
Enter password:

Your MySQL connection id is 78
Server version: 5.1.45-0.dotdeb.0 (Debian)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL v2 license

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql>

bscan version is:

bscan
bscan: bscan.c:247 Wrong number of arguments:
Copyright (C) 2001-2010 Free Software Foundation Europe e.V.

Version: 5.0.1 (24 February 2010)

director version:

bconsole
Connecting to Director localhost:9101
1000 OK: hidden-dir Version: 5.0.1 (24 February 2010)

I need your help for restoring my files.

Regards,

Denis