Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] New FileStorage files in a different directory

2010-06-10 11:34:38
Subject: [Bacula-users] New FileStorage files in a different directory
From: Bernd Schoeller <bernd.schoeller AT comerge DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:11:26 +0200
Hello List,

I am currently running my backups to a local harddrive /store. To do
this, I have created volumes on the HD using the FileStorage device type.

Device {
   Name = FileStorage
   Media Type = File
   Archive Device = /store
   LabelMedia = yes;
   Random Access = Yes;
   AutomaticMount = yes;
   RemovableMedia = no;
   AlwaysOpen = no;
}

Pool {
   Name = Default
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   VolumeRetention = 2 months
   LabelFormat = "Tape"
   Maximum Volumes = 100
   Maximum Volume Bytes = 10737418240
}

My problem is now that I have run out of space on that device and would
like to add more Files on a different HD mounted at another location
(/store2). But all examples using FileStorage store the files in the
same directory.

What I have found is the description on storing into two different
directories:

http://www.bacula.org/5.1.x-manuals/en/main/main/Basic_Volume_Management.html#SECTION002730000000000000000

but here two hosts are distributed between two directories. I would like
that both hosts use the volumes in both directories, using a global
expiration.

Is there an easy way to add more volumes to the FileStorage in a
different directory?

Thanks,
Bernd