Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with prune/purge in Bacula

2010-06-10 10:15:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with prune/purge in Bacula
From: Machiel van Veen <mvv AT sentia DOT nl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:13:13 +0200
On Thursday 10 June 2010 03:24:18 pm Area de Sistemas wrote:
> Perhaps a Bacula bug?
> Perhaps I don't understand the behaviour of retention parameters (I
> think this is less probable cause the problem appears to affect only
> some clients/copies)?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.

It seems you have another job for this client writing to a different pool with
retention times set in the client directive. When this job runs it wil prune
all jobs for the client. Regardless of any file or job retention periods set
in pool directives.

The solution would be to create new client directives for every retention
period you need and not put them in the pool directive as you do now.

I found this out the hard way too, if you look for the topic "Pool file/job
retention not updating" you should find my thread on this.

Machiel.