Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] IBM TS3100 autochanger

2010-05-30 09:07:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] IBM TS3100 autochanger
From: masker <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 08:17:27 -0400

Phil Stracchino wrote:

> What is this lin-tape you speak of?
>
> If your Linux kernel is properly configured (i.e, SCSI HBA support, SCSI
> tape support, and the PERC6 low-level SCSI driver enabled), it should
> Just Work.  If those aren't compiled into your kernel, see if you have
> them present as modules.

The "lin-tape" or "lin_tape" means the driver name of IBM ULTRIUM-HH5 tape
drive.
I've download the lin_tape-1.38.0-1.src.rpm from IBM website. But I can't
compile it in Debian 5.0.4.
The SAS HBA driver is "mpt2sas", it was installed in my system, successfully.
Then I could use "mt -f /dev/st0 status", but I got error message like "read
error.. " if I type " mt -f /dev/st0 tell".
Under this situation , it could write by "tar" command, but show "write
error..." after several hours.
If I connect the tape drive to a machine of CentOS with right driver, it show
"/dev/IBMtape0" as the device name, and I could have right answer by "mt -f
/dev/IBMtape0 tell"

So. I need some help. If anyone have any suggestion to help me install the tape
in Debian OS?