Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] resurrecting an FC11 install - cannot connect to postgresql

2010-05-27 17:09:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] resurrecting an FC11 install - cannot connect to postgresql
From: Mehma Sarja <mehmasarja AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 14:05:42 -0700
On 5/27/10 6:56 AM, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> I can connect manually...
>
> but when I start bacula-dir I get the message below in /var/lib/bacula/log
>
> The Catalog definition is:
>
> Catalog {
>    Name = MyCatalog
>    DB Address = '127.0.0.1'; dbname = bacula; user = bacula; password =
> "*****"
> }
>
> 27-May 14:30 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open
> Catalog "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
> 27-May 14:30 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: postgresql.c:202 Unable to
> connect to PostgreSQL server.
> Database=bacula User=bacula
> It is probably not running or your password is incorrect.
> 27-May 14:30 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
> Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
>

> Anyone got any ideas what I need to do to fix this please?
>
> Gary

I seem to recall this nasty message... it had something to do with
Postgres and a config file.

Here is what my pg_hba says
# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local   all         postgres                          ident

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               md5
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               md5

If I remember or run across my documentation(I wrote it down) ... I'll
send it to you.

Mehma