Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Best practice - MS Sql

2010-05-26 10:52:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Best practice - MS Sql
From: John Doe <jdmls AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 07:50:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Carlo Filippetto <carlo.filippetto AT gmail DOT com>
> I have a server with Microsoft Sql Server, I need to
> backup it.
> Today I tried a FULL restore job, I receive several
> error with file lock at the end of the job, and to let it
> work well I need to reinstall Sql Server... why?
> This DBMS is under Windows 2k3
> There is a best way to backup this kind of server?

In the Windows section of the documentation, they say:
"If you are not using the VSS (Volume Shadow Copy) option described in the
next section of this chapter, and if any applications are running during
the backup and they have files opened exclusively, Bacula will not be able
to backup those files, so be sure you close your applications (or tell your
users to close their applications) before the backup."
http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Windows_Version_Bacula.html#SECTION003750000000000000000
So maybe check VSS...

JD