Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Best practice - MS Sql

2010-05-27 05:43:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Best practice - MS Sql
From: C.Keschnat AT internet-mit-iQ DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:40:44 +0200
Well file locking probably indicates that the sql server is accessing the databases during the backup. You can either shutdown the server or use something to backup the databases that will handle everything properly. I know that at least with Microsoft SQL Server 200x Express you can use SQL Server Management Studio Express, so I guess this is also possible with other versions.  Here is a small video on how to automate backups. It is in german but maybe the video without sound is enough: http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/1/6/916cfd26-6304-4afc-ba5c-30ca90092b7f/SSELaunchSpecial_08_Erstellen_einer_Sicherung.swf

Chris

http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/