Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.2, backup works but errors out on the 'finishing touch' after a long time, network issue?

2010-05-19 06:06:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.2, backup works but errors out on the 'finishing touch' after a long time, network issue?
From: Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:03:37 +0200
On Tue, 18 May 2010 18:38:29 +0200, Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk> wrote:

> 18-May 18:04 DIRHOSTNAME-dir JobId 32487: Fatal error: Network error with
> FD during Backup: ERR=Connection reset by peer
> 18-May 18:04 DIRHOSTNAME-dir JobId 32487: Fatal error: No Job status
> returned from FD.

Where the manually run jobs both failed, one of the scheduled nightly
jobs succeeded, the other failed in a similar fashion (same error after 2+
hours).

The one that succeeded took 32 mins 52 secs at 6.3 MB/s which is slightly
faster than the manuals so could this be some timeout limit that the other
one ran into and not this one? What do you do in such a case, add a
heartbeat?

> Is this a networking issue where some "I'm done" packet was lost/held up?
> If so, does this go to another port (I don't think so), or does it use a
> special protocol/form so a specific network issue may block that but not
> everything else?

Additionally, I got the following error message in mail (via logcheck):

May 18 17:17:49 DIRHOSTNAME bacula-sd: bsock.c:488 Packet size too big
   from "client:1.2.3.4:36643. Terminating connection.

Anyone any ideas what this means?