Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.2, backup works but errors out on the 'finishing touch' after a long time, network issue?

2010-05-19 09:02:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.2, backup works but errors out on the 'finishing touch' after a long time, network issue?
From: Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 15:00:22 +0200
On Wed, 19 May 2010 12:16:40 +0200, francisco javier funes nieto
<esencia AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> 2010/5/19 Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>:
>> May 18 17:17:49 DIRHOSTNAME bacula-sd: bsock.c:488 Packet size too big
>>   from "client:1.2.3.4:36643. Terminating connection.
>
> There is some kind of tunnel (vpn, eoip, pppoe) between machines or
> different MTU in the routed interfaces of the gateway?

The two servers are on a different subnet with a Juniper firewall in
between that is currently set to allow all TCP and ICMP traffic through in
both directions. There is no tunnel or encapsulation of any kind that I
know of.

What makes me wonder is why everything else seems to work perfectly, is
Bacula doing something different at the very end of the backup? And if so,
since one of the backups *did* succeed, whatever it is doing differently
is not different enough every time.