Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic Eject tape once job finishes

2010-05-15 16:07:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic Eject tape once job finishes
From: Peter Allgeyer <peter.allgeyer AT salzburgresearch DOT at>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 21:47:00 +0200
Am Freitag, den 14.05.2010, 11:28 -0400 schrieb taisgeal:

> However, for the life of me, I cannot see how to move a tape from the MSL
> 6000 drive back to the slot from which it was taken, once the backup job is
> finished. This is not a problem for me during the week. However, I change my
> tapes every Friday and I have to stop the bacula-sd daemon on server2 and
> then manually move it using the front panel on the MSL 6000. After that, I
> start up the bacula-sd daemon again on server2 and I am back in business. i
> never have to go anywhere near server1.
Do you mean, that the tape should be put to the
i/o slot or do you just want bacula to use a new tape
every friday? For the later  you could play with the
"Volume Use Duration" parameter. If you want to sort
the tape out to the i/o slot, you have to write a little
script for that, I've done sth. like that already.

Regards

--
Peter Allgeyer          Salzburg|Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
Dipl.-Inform. Univ.                     Jakob-Haringer-Strasse 5/III