Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Automatic Eject tape once job finishes

2010-05-14 17:04:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] Automatic Eject tape once job finishes
From: taisgeal <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 11:28:55 -0400
Hello,

I have read and reread dozens of threads on this board and at this stage am at
my wit's end. I would really appreciate any help that anyone could give me.

My setup is as follows :

bacula 5.0.1 running on a Debian Lenny server(server1)Bacula
MSL 6000 LTO autochanger with 30 slots and one drive on a separate Debian Lenny
server(server2)
various Linux clients

Everything works and overall, I am very impressed with Bacula. It is very fast,
very stable and has not let me down. It performs better and is much more
flexible than a number of commercial products that I have used in the past.

However, for the life of me, I cannot see how to move a tape from the MSL 6000
drive back to the slot from which it was taken, once the backup job is
finished. This is not a problem for me during the week. However, I change my
tapes every Friday and I have to stop the bacula-sd daemon on server2 and then
manually move it using the front panel on the MSL 6000. After that, I start up
the bacula-sd daemon again on server2 and I am back in business. i never have
to go anywhere near server1.

I am going on holidays soon and need to change this, such that all tapes are
back in their slots, so that my holiday cover doesn't have to log into server2
at all.

I have tried the "Unmount on offline" directive, but that just seems to lock up
the drive itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.