Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] HOWTO: running a one-off archive; comments?

2010-05-14 14:23:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] HOWTO: running a one-off archive; comments?
From: Alex Chekholko <chekh AT genomics.upenn DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 14:21:04 -0400
Hi,

We've had a couple of threads about this before, but I just tried it now with
Bacula 5.0.2 and just wanted to report my technique.  Comments are welcome.

Here's what I did:

1) Wrote a new pool definition:

Pool {
  Name = ArchiveMay2010
  Pool Type = Backup
  Volume Retention = 11 months
  Job Retention = 11 months
  File Retention = 11 months
  Recycle Pool = Scratch
}

Tapes will come out of Scratch.  Plan to make a new full archive every 5mo, so
these tapes will be forgotten after two more full archives are done.

2) Wrote a new schedule for a one-time run:

Schedule {
  Name = ArchiveMay2010Schedule
  Run = May 14 at 14:10
}

3) Wrote a new JobDefs

JobDefs {
  Name = "ArchiveMay2010DefJob"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Accurate = no
  Client = bac.genomics.upenn.edu-fd
#FileSet -> define in job
  Pool = ArchiveMay2010
  Schedule = ArchiveMay2010Schedule
  Storage = ts
  Spool Data = yes
  Spool Attributes = yes
  Allow Duplicate Jobs = no
  Priority = 5
  Messages = Standard
}

4) Wrote a script to generate a bunch of job configs, in this case I want to
archive each user's homedir.

#!/bin/bash

USERS=`getent passwd|cut -f 1 -d ':'|tail -n 111|xargs echo`

for i in $USERS
do
  cat > $i-archiveMay2010.conf <<ASDF

#config file for $i
job {
    name = "$i-archiveMay2010"
    jobdefs = ArchiveMay2010DefJob
    fileset = "$i-files"
}

fileset {
    name = "$i-files"
    include {
        options {
            onefs = "yes"
            signature = "md5"
        }
        file = "/gpfs/fs0/u/$i/"
    }
    exclude {
    }
}

ASDF

done

5) run that script to generate the files and then include those configs:

#include these archive jobs
@|"/bin/sh -c '/bin/cat
/opt/bacula/etc/jobs/May2010Archive/*-archiveMay2010.conf'"

Also make sure your configs are in the right files, then "reload" in bconsole.

Regards,
--
Alex Chekholko   chekh AT genomics.upenn DOT edu