Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Database version problems caused Ubuntu 10.04 upgrade to abort

2010-05-11 22:12:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Database version problems caused Ubuntu 10.04 upgrade to abort
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 22:08:59 -0400
On 05/11/10 18:15, David Edwards wrote:
> So I'm guessing the DB upgrade hasn't worked.
>
> I've downloaded the 3.0.3 and 5.0.1 gzip files and extracted the
> updatedb directories. I can see lots of scripts to update the DB. My
> questions are
> 1. Do I need to update the DB from v10 to v11 before updating to v12?

Yes.

> 2. I can see in the 5.0.1 download there's a
> update_mysql_tables_10_to_11.in that's not executable. Is there a
> special procedure to run this set of commands?

That's an unconfigured script source file.  It's not usable as-is.

> 3. There's no v11 to v12 script, but the README says to run the
> update_bacula_tables script. However that's not on my system. How do I
> get/run this script to get my DB to v12?

Well, it sounds like the Bacula package in Ubuntu 10.04 isn't built
correctly.  What you could do is configure the source appropriately,
then do a make in just the subdirectory containing the scripts to make
the update scripts you need.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.