Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Copy jobs and RunAfterJob variables

2010-05-03 20:44:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] Copy jobs and RunAfterJob variables
From: Nico Halpern <nhalpern AT wgen DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 20:28:47 -0400
Hi folks,

I have two pools, namely "LocalDisk" and "OffSite". I run daily backups
on my LocalDisk pool, and once weekly I copy the last full backup to the
OffSite pool, for offsite storage. All works well there, and I'm using
Bacula 5.0.1.

To keep human interaction to a minimal, I wrote a script that will take
a series of tapes and mark them with VolStatus=Archive, InChanger=no,
and makes sure they are indeed unmounted. Script works wonders too.

The problem is that if I trigger the script as a RunAfterJob, and pass
"%v" to it, %v expands to the list of source tapes in the copy job, not
the list of destination tapes. To my surprise, I found several LocalDisk
'tapes' marked as Archive.

The email sent from the copy job confirms that bacula expanded "%v" to
the source tapes, not the destination ones. Is there another variable I
can use, or any other way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks!
--

Nico Halpern
UNIX Systems Administrator