Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Mirror or Rsync?

2010-05-03 15:12:38
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Mirror or Rsync?
From: ikkysleepy <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 15:10:12 -0400
Can you do a Mirror with Bacula? I am trying to Sync X Folder on PC #1  to PC#
2. PC #1 has FD and PC #2 does not but I can use a local PC with a FD to access
PC#1 (NAS Device).  Right now we have an  rsync that takes forever to complete
because the task is being done over the VPN and we have a lot of changes each
day. So can I accomplish this with Bacula? If not, I plan on making a simple
local rsyc + tar to compress the changes and then transfer 1 file over the VPN
and then extract the files and overwrite everything.

Thanks!