Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Maximum concurrent jobs for devices

2010-05-03 10:32:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Maximum concurrent jobs for devices
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 10:30:06 -0400
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:26 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> from the online manuals I can read:
>
> "Using this directive, it is possible to have different Jobs using multiple
> drives"
>
> I get this information here: http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-
> manuals/en/main/main/New_Features_in_5_0_0.html#SECTION00510000000000000000
>
> Why it does not my needs? It isn't to have concurrent jobs on the same device?

You can have concurrent jobs to the same device. I do this all the
time. However you can not load 2 volumes at the same time in a single
device. With 2 pools you need 2 volumes and not one so the second job
must wait.

Read Phil's answer for 2 solutions to this problem.

John