Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to make incremental backups consider their own pool ONLY?

2010-05-02 17:29:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to make incremental backups consider their own pool ONLY?
From: David Young <david AT prophecy.net DOT nz>
To: Craig Ringer <craig AT postnewspapers.com DOT au>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 09:25:52 +1200
That's what I thought :)

I want to do this for our company's backup retension policy.. maybe
there's a better way?

I.e., I have 3 backup sets:

7 daily "tapes"
4 weekly "tapes"
12 monthly "tapes"

I can restore a file from any day in the past week, any week (but not a
specific day) in the past month, and any month in the past year.