Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] labeled tape not appendable ????

2010-04-20 17:54:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] labeled tape not appendable ????
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:51:55 -0400
> Thank you John. Pardon me if I ask this question (I am new at bacula): how do
> you scan the tape back into the database?

Normally you would use bscan.

http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/utility/utility/Volume_Utility_Tools.html#SECTION00270000000000000000

However in your case where you just want to be able to use the tape
and you do not care about the previous contents it will be easier to
just erase the tape and then relabel it. To erase the tape stop
bacula-sd or issue the bacula umnount command

and then

  mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
  mt -f /dev/nst0 weof

Then after restart bacula-sd or mount (depending on if you stopped or
unmounted above) and then relabel the tape.

The documentation for this is at the last part of this:
http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Automatic_Volume_Recycling.html#SECTION002580000000000000000

John