Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] labeled tape not appendable ????

2010-04-20 16:26:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] labeled tape not appendable ????
From: lweinlan <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:33:57 -0400
Hi all.
Bacula backups were working fine. I decided to test and manually recycle a tape
by entering the command "delete" volume (previously labeled 000001L4) from the
pool "tape".
I am trying to rewrite on this tape using bconsole command "run",  while trying
to use the same volume name (000001L4). When I try this, the bacula "bat" GUI
gives me a "cannot find any appendable volumes".
Why can bacula not write on this tape if it is already labeled?
Attached are screen shots from the bconsole and bat error outputs.
Thank you
Luke