Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5 copy job

2010-04-19 15:33:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5 copy job
From: ganiuszka <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: openit admin <admin AT openit DOT at>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:29:09 +0200
openit admin pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I have the followeing problem, with a copy job. I want do the following:
> the monthly full backup (to a disk pool) should be copied to tape. I do
> not know how to do this.
>
> # Full Backup Pool to disk
> Pool {
>    Name = Full-Pool
>    Pool Type = Backup
>    Recycle = yes
>    AutoPrune = yes
>    Volume Retention = 3 months
>    Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
>    Label Format = BackupFull-
>    Maximum Volumes = 50
>    Next Pool = Tape-Pool
> }
> # Inc Pool to disk
> Pool {
>    Name = Inc-Pool
>    Pool Type = Backup
>    Recycle = yes
>    AutoPrune = yes
>    Volume Retention = 35 days
>    Maximum Volume Jobs = 9
>    Label Format = BackupInc-
>    Maximum Volumes = 50
> }
> # Tape Pool
> Pool {
>    Name = Tape-Pool
>    Pool Type = Backup
>    Recycle = yes
>    AutoPrune = yes
>    Volume Retention = 3 months
>    Storage = LTO2Drive
> }

> # Copy Job
> Job {
>    Name = "Full Backup Copy"
>    Type = Copy
>    Level = Full
>    Client = kapital-backup-fd
>    FileSet = "Full Linux Set"
>    Schedule = WeeklyCopyToTape
>    Pool = Full-Pool
>    Selection Type = SQLQuery
>    Selection Pattern = "select distinct on (name) jobid from job where
> level='F' and name not like '%Copy%' and name='Backup clusternode1'
> order by name, jobid desc;"
>    Storage = LTO2Drive
>    Messages = Standard
> }
>
> When I start the Copy Job I ghet the following messages:
>
> Run Copy job
> JobName:       Full Backup Copy
> Bootstrap:     *None*
> Client:        kapital-backup-fd
> FileSet:       Full Linux Set
> Pool:          Full-Pool (From Job resource)
> Read Storage:  LTO2Drive (From Job resource)
                  ^^^^^^^^^^
> Write Storage: LTO2Drive (From Storage from Pool's NextPool resource)
                  ^^^^^^^^^^
Hi,

For "Copy Jobs" you can not define the same read and write storage
because this copy does not make sense.

You can define a disk storage in the Pool resources "Full-Pool" and
"Inc-Pool" (instead of in Job resource) then when you will run the copy
job, the storage (read and write) will be choose automaticly.

Another way is that you can modify a read storage parameter after "run"
command and before confirming it.

Regards
gani