Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] too big differential backup

2010-04-14 14:17:32
Subject: [Bacula-users] too big differential backup
From: Zsolt Kozak <kozakzs AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 20:15:33 +0200
Hi there,

I have a working Bacula-system, my only problem is that I get too big differential backups comparing to the full backup, although just a few files changed. (I had the same issue when I used incremental backups before but now I'm using only full and differential backups.)

I just backed up a directory with almost 130 000 files and got a 6GB full backup. Then I run a differential backup and got 70 000 files backed up again using 2GB disk... The differential backup has just run a few minutes after the full finished and the files did NOT changed since the full backup finished. I checked the version browser in Bat and found duplicated files with having the same hash and after checking the files on the file-system, I noticed that they were not changed at all.... The same size, permissions and modification date.

I am using the accurate option, having TLS and encryption set. And the director is running on an Ubuntu 9.10 but from Debian Lenny Backports. Version number is 5.0.1-1~bpo50+1.

Any idea?

thank you,
Zsolt