Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Max Run Time exceede with 0s run time!

2010-04-08 14:21:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Max Run Time exceede with 0s run time!
From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer AT omnilan DOT de>
To: Matija Nalis <mnalis+bacula AT carnet DOT hr>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 20:18:34 +0200
Am 08.04.2010 14:20, schrieb Matija Nalis:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 12:46:25PM +0200, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
>
>> Absurdly canceled job 47:
>> Fatal error: Max run time exceeded. Job canceled.
>> Scheduled time:         04-Apr-2010 21:01:03
>>  Start time:             04-Apr-2010 21:39:41
>>  End time:               04-Apr-2010 21:39:41
>>  Elapsed time:           0 secs
>
> Hm, yeah, not much sense. Was that incremental job or ?
> It looks like it has 'Incremental Max Run Sched Time'
> instead of 'Incremental Max Run Time'...

Thanks for your replay. All jobs were full backups.

> Did you try increasing it to see if that's really what is causing
> problems ? All other timeouts are bigger than one hour so really
> shouldn't be the problem.

I haven't done any try'n'error tests yet. I don't really understand why
the first job after the canceled one was finishing fine but all other
subsequent were canceled immediately. This can't be a timer setting
problem IMO. I guess it's more a logical error with handling subsequent
jobs.

>> Here's my conf regarding max times:
>> Max Start Delay = 14400 # 4h to wait after scheduled start
>> Max Run Time = 1800 # Half an hour to run after beeing really started
>> Incremental Max Run Time = 900 # 15 Minutes for incrementals after
>> beeing started
>> Max Run Sched Time = 36000 # 10 hours to wait to start job as planned
>> Max Wait Time = 7200 # 2h to wait for resources after job really started
>
> Which version of bacula is that ? There were bugs not too far ago
> where 'Max Wait Time' wrongly acted like 'Max Run Time'; maybe it had
> similar problems with other related directives too.

I'm running 5.0.1.

First job took longer than 30 minutes, so it was canceled. Second job
took 9 minutes, so start time of third job is 39minutes after scheduled.
There's no other time limit which could fit, "Max Wait Time" is 2 hours.

> See http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/New_Features.html

Thank you, should I file a bug report in mantis?

-Harry