Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Retention Policy Pruning Files?

2010-04-08 09:58:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Retention Policy Pruning Files?
From: "May, John" <john.may AT fugrohorizons DOT com>
To: "'bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:56:07 -0600
Will changing the clientid actually work?  I saw that in the 'Jobs' table in
the bacula database, but didn't want to mess up the database as I wasn't sure
that changing that clientid would actually work.

What I did was to create another client called 'bkupsvr-30y' and set
'autoprune=no' and set the retention times to '30 years'.  As I understand, I
can just change the job's clientid to this new client, then do a bscan to get
the files back in the database.  Should that work?

John