Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula for disk drives Help

2010-04-03 18:21:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula for disk drives Help
From: ikkysleepy <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 21:55:01 -0400
Can someone point me out to with some examples of Bacula that DO NOT use tape
drive as storage?

I tried already to set this up and have failed many times.  I have bacula
director running and bacula-fd and  bacula-sd and tried to configure the
storage to run the default jobs, but they always fail and the GUI crashes on
windows.  I tried the sample files that have a job and task, which almost seems
to work... it looks like the job is running but when I check the status by
looking at the mount I get:

Connecting to Storage daemon File at BackupServer:9103

BackupServer-sd Version: 2.4.4 (28 December 2008) x86_64-pc-linux-gnu debian
squeeze/sid
Daemon started 02-Apr-10 18:32, 0 Jobs run since started.
 Heap: heap=323,584 smbytes=152,472 max_bytes=152,666 bufs=88 max_bufs=90
Sizes: boffset_t=8 size_t=8 int32_t=4 int64_t=8

Running Jobs:
Writing: Full Backup job Test.2010-04-02_18 JobId=39 Volume="FullTest0001"
    pool="FullTest" device="FileStorage" (/bacula)
    spooling=0 despooling=0 despool_wait=0
    Files=0 Bytes=0 Bytes/sec=0
    FDReadSeqNo=6 in_msg=6 out_msg=4 fd=6
====

Jobs waiting to reserve a drive:
====

Terminated Jobs:
====

Device status:
Device "FileStorage" (/bacula) is not open.
    Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "FullTest0001",
       Pool:        FullTest
       Media type:  File
====

Used Volume status:
====

====

This is my bacula-sd:
Device {
  Name = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /bacula
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  Device Type = File
}

Here is the Job:
Job {
        Name = "Test"
        Enabled = no
        Client = BackupServer-fd
        FileSet = "FileSetTest"
        Schedule = "ScheduleTest"
        Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/Test.bsr"
        Full Backup Pool = FullTest
        Incremental Backup Pool = IncrTest
        Differential Backup Pool = DiffTest
        Storage = File
        Type = Backup
        Level = Incremental
        Pool = Default
        Priority = 10
        Messages = Standard
}

The /bacula directory is 777 just to test it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!