Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Pruning before failed jobs - bug?

2010-03-30 07:09:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Pruning before failed jobs - bug?
From: "Mike Holden" <bacula AT mikeholden DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:51:31 +0100
At the moment, one of my client machines is switched off, deliberately.

Bacula tries to back it up overnight, but fails because it cannot connect to
the client.

Before doing this, it prunes and purges successfully, according to the
retention rules.

My thought is that if this machine is left off for an extended periopd of time,
I could
end up in a situation where all the backups are removed. I understand there is
a new
option to truncate backup files on prune/purge as well, so there is even the
potential
for the backup to be deleted, as well as the catalog.

So my question is this - should backups be pruned, purged and truncated
automatically if
the backup fails?
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop
for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts