Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Exchange plugin - backup after restore

2010-03-19 08:23:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] Exchange plugin - backup after restore
From: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:23:44 +0000
Hello,

I have just been trying the Exchange plugin again.

A reminder of my FileSet:

FileSet {
  Name = "Windows:2k3-pt2:Windows Exchange Server data"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      compression = GZIP9
      IgnoreCase = yes
    }
    Plugin = "exchange:/@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store"
  }
}

I have done this on a Windows 2003 Server with Exchange 2003:

a) Full backup
b) Incremental backup
c) Restore of (b)
d) Incremental backup - this ends up with a tiny backup and the job status
message is 'Backup OK -- with warnings'. Last time I did this, the file daemon
crashed, so this is better.

The warning is this...
Error: HrESEBackupSetup failed with error 0xc8000230 - Exchange reports that no
previous full backup has been done.

But I wanted to continue doing incremental backups.
I do not want to do a new full backup, as it might be huge.

What is the best thing to do in this situation?
Is there something somewhere that I can set on the Exchange server to tell it
that a previous full backup has been done?