Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] VMware vSphere support with VADP

2010-03-18 01:42:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] VMware vSphere support with VADP
From: Craig Holyoak <cholyoak AT redlands.qld.edu DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:19:09 +1000
Given VMware's recent announcement to end support for VCB in favour of
the new vStorage APIs (specifically, VADP), does anyone have any plans
for integrating Bacula with these APIs? Integration could either be a
drop in replacement program to do the same work as vcbMounter, or even a
new FD plugin, giving native support from within Bacula.

I've had a quick look at the VADP documentation
(http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vddk/vadp_vsphere_backup111.pdf),
and it seems quite possible, but given my limited experience and
resources, I thought I'd check to see what others might be doing before
considering coming up with something myself. I haven't been able to find
any complete working examples to guide me on my way either.

I'd welcome any ideas or feedback,

Craig