Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to prevent to schedule a job if the same job is still running

2010-03-18 00:38:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to prevent to schedule a job if the same job is still running
From: "Ken Barclay" <ken.barclay AT qbmore DOT com>
To: "'Stephen Thompson'" <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>, "'Silver Salonen'" <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:17:04 +0700 (ICT)
Sorry to raise this one again, but I was bitten by this one recently, and
found Stephen Thompson's comments hit the nail right on the head.

>>....... but it goes both
>>ways, it also cancels my fulls if an incremental is already running or
>>scheduled.  It's the scheduled part that causes me problems.  I have
>>incrementals scheduled to run every day.

Yes, the Full got cancelled in favour of an Incremental!

>> This might work out if all jobs have static (i.e.
>>based on configuration files) schedules, but rather than controlling
>>duplicates, it seems better at preventing administrator intervention
>>which is frustrating.

My schedules are static.

Wouldn't it make more sense for 'Allow Higher Duplicates' to refer to a
higher Level rather than a higher Priority?

Anyway, looks like I have to run a couple of manual Full backups now, and
remain vigilant for next time.

Ken Barclay