Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] question about restarting

2010-03-08 16:10:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] question about restarting
From: Maria McKinley <maria AT shadlen DOT org>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 13:08:08 -0800
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 05:26:05 -0500 From: Dan Langille
<dan AT langille DOT org> Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] question about restarting
bacula server To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net Message-ID:
<4B94D0BD.8010104 AT langille DOT org> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed On 3/8/2010 3:46 AM, Maria McKinley wrote:
 > > Hi there,
 > >
 > > I found some discussion in the archives about shutting down machines
 > > that are running bacula, but not exactly the info I am looking for. I
 > > was wondering what the best procedure is for shutting down a machine
 > > when bacula is in the middle of a job. Ideally, I'd like to be able to
 > > suspend it temporarily, while I reboot the machine, and then
restart it,
 > > but if not, what are my options?

Jobs cannot be suspends.  Jobs cannot be resumed.  They must be started
again, from the beginning.

Ideally, running jobs should be canceled, but a shutdown of the system
should have ill effects on a running job.

-- Dan Langille - http://langille.org/

Thanks Dan, so if there is a job running, and a couple more waiting to
run, and you need to shut down the computer, you should cancel all of
the jobs? And by starting again, from the beginning, you mean run by
hand? You can't actually do anything with a job that has been canceled,
right, you have to click run, choose your options, and get a new jobid?

thanks,
maria