Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Odd behaviour with Verify Jobs

2010-03-05 12:38:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] Odd behaviour with Verify Jobs
From: Daniel De Marco <ddm AT bartol.udel DOT edu>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:14:30 -0500
Hi,

I've been using InitCatalog and Verify jobs to monitor my production
machines. This seems to work very well when there are modified files.
However if a new files appears in one of the monitored directories then
all the files from then on will be reported at the same time as missing
and as new files with the same name/path/attributes...

I debugged this problem a bit and it seems to be due to the fact that
when bacula queries the DB for the file attributes one of the where
clauses is the FileIndex. If there are added or missing files the
FileIndex is no longer correct for all subsequent files and they are all
reported as missing and new. I think a possible solution would be to
tweak the local FileIndex variable when doing the Verify pass: so if a
file is new don't increment the FileIndex and if a file is missing
increment it anyway. In this way the proper FileIndex would be used in
the query and only "real" problematic files would be reported.

Daniel.