Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with automatic labeling

2010-03-03 04:47:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with automatic labeling
From: gnowar <g.nowar AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 01:44:07 -0800 (PST)
>> do you write the new tape labels on the tape every time you put the new
one in it?

Actually I don't. I just founded cleaner this labelling cleaner...

>> or how do you read the tape label "manually"?

I don't know, is it possible ? :)

>> you could use "Day-" as label Format. Bacula will then append a number to
it. or label them once manually.

Yes I understood that bacula use to append a number to the label volumes,
maybe this is my mistake cause I don't use it..

>> be sure to set Retention times on the pool (e.g. for your schedule maybe
18 days) and and a use duration (maybe 1 day as you change it on a daily
basis).

I know that my Retention times is wrong right now, but I'm just doing some
test so I purge volumes manually. But Thanks for the use duration, I will
set it up.

Well, again, assuming that the volume is purged from the catalog, the tape
is rewind and "woef-ed".. I still don't unterstand why bacula doesn't want
to relabel the volume.

I mean, the label format worked fine for the first backup but apparently
there is no way to relabel the tape.

Will it really fix the problem if I change the label format ?

Gilles