Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with automatic labeling

2010-03-02 14:06:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with automatic labeling
From: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:03:50 +0000 (UTC)
Am Tue, 02 Mar 2010 07:28:21 -0800 schrieb gnowar:

> Because I change tape everyday during 20 days.
>
> It easyer to know wich tape I need if the volume name include the date
> and time isn't it ?

do you write the new tape labels on the tape every time you put the new
one in it? or how do you read the tape label "manually"?

> Define the label format like I did does impact the recycle fonction of
> bacula ?
>
> What should be set in the label format ?

you could use "Day-" as label Format. Bacula will then append a number to
it. or label them once manually.

be sure to set Retention times on the pool (e.g. for your schedule maybe
18 days) and and a use duration (maybe 1 day as you change it on a daily
basis).

http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0017150000000000000000

- Thomas