Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Retention on SD File

2009-11-23 08:08:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Retention on SD File
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: david.dumortier AT linagora DOT com, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:03:47 -0500
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 4:16 AM, David Dumortier
<david.dumortier AT linagora DOT com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I wish to make a backup on a file SD. I have some problem with retention
> period. My backups are all right but the file generated by SD grow more
> and more.
> Have I to use 2 storage files ? If yes how make the rotation and purge
> automated ?
>
> My bacula-sd.conf :
> Device {
>  Name = stockage
>  Media Type = File
>  Archive Device = /mnt/sauvegardes
>  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
>  Random Access = Yes;
>  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>  RemovableMedia = no;
>  AlwaysOpen = yes;
> }
>
> My bacula-dir.conf :
> Client {
>  Name = myhost
>  Address = myIP
>  FDPort = 9102
>  Catalog = MyCatalog
>  Password = "*****"
>  File Retention = 7 days
>  Job Retention = 7 days
>  AutoPrune = yes               # Prune expired Jobs/Files
> }

They will grow until you run out of disk space on your storage if you
do not set one of the 4 pool options to limit the size or usage of the
volumes.

    * Use Volume Once = yes
    * Volume Use Duration = ttt
    * Maximum Volume Jobs = nnn
    * Maximum Volume Bytes = mmm

see http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Automatic_Volume_Recycling.html

Also remember that retention periods do not take effect until the
volume is marked Full or Used.

John