Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] PATCH: Allow Copy Jobs to work within one tape library.

2009-11-18 04:50:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] PATCH: Allow Copy Jobs to work within one tape library.
From: Jim Barber <jim.barber AT ddihealth DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:46:48 +0800
Arno Lehmann wrote:

 >> Below is a patch to migrate.c to do the same thing as vbackup.c does.
 >> Is this a feasible patch?

 > Looks like it - if you tested it, and it works correctly. Don't forget
 > to test with only one drive available, in that case the job should
 > fail with a reasonable error message... and it might be better to
 > patch against the most current git version.

Thanks Arno.

At the moment I am using Debian packages.
If I can get the Debian patches to apply okay to the git version of Bacula I
can give it a try.
Failing that though I might have to stick with my 3.0.3 which is a download
from the Bacula site with the Debian patches applied.

Assuming I can't get the git version to compile as a Debian package, I could
test my version with various scenarios.
Then download the git source and look at migrate.c, make my changes and
generate the patch from that.
If it works in 3.0.3 then I guess it is likely to work in the git version as
well...

I'll test various scenarios over the next week or two as I get time and if all
works for me I'll re-submit to bacula-devel with my findings.

Thanks.

Jim Barber
DDI Health