Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Limitations displaying large file sizes in bconsole when browsing for a restore?

2009-11-17 16:20:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] Limitations displaying large file sizes in bconsole when browsing for a restore?
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:16:42 -0500
Are there any odd limitations in the bconsole (both 'restore' and 'estimate
listing' sections) browsing with regard to large files, such as VMware disk
files?

I've just stumbled onto this oddity...

# ls -l pituitary-flat.vmdk
-rw-r----- 1 root root 21474836480 Nov 17 15:27 pituitary-flat.vmdk

So that file size is over 21GB

When I go into bconsole restore and browse that directory I get...

doing an estimate listing (chopping out only the file I'm talking about) I
get...

-rw-r-----   1 root     root    2147483648 2009-11-17 15:21:37
/fs1/pituitary/pituitary-flat.vmdk

doing a restore then browsing to that file inside bconsole I also get

-rw-r-----   1 root     root    2147483648  2009-11-17 10:24:44
/fs1/pituitary/pituitary-flat.vmdk

I don't think it's sparse file, and bacula seems to be backing it up and
restoring it properly as a 21GB file, just that it seems to display as
exactly 1/10 the size, or perhaps it's just dropping trailing zeros when a
file is bigger than 10GB?