Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Strange problems with Bacula which mostly works

2009-11-17 16:30:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] Strange problems with Bacula which mostly works
From: Jerome Alet <jerome.alet AT univ-nc DOT nc>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:26:29 +1100
Hi,

I'm using bacula 2.4.4 to save to file volumes, using gzip compression,
with both Windows and GNU/Linux clients. The database backend is
PostgreSQL 8.3.8

Backups and restore both seem to work just fine.

However, in the "Media" panel in bat, the "Files" column always contain
0, even when I use volumes that can hold a lot of files.

If I use "list files jobid=##" all files are correctly listed, and in
the "Joblist" panel I can see the number of files saved for each job.

Now if I try to purge files for a particular client, the answer is
always "No Files found for client myclient.example.org to purge from
MyCatalog catalog."

Finally, the "Version browser" panel always come empty, and doesn't even
contain any of the buttons nor drop down lists, nor the four
sub-windows.

What could be wrong ?

I've named both my clients, jobs and filesets as each client's FQDN,
could this be the problem ?

Thanks for your time.

--
Jérôme Alet - <jerome.alet AT univ-nc DOT nc> - Centre de Ressources
Informatiques