Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Maximum volume size

2009-11-17 10:34:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] Maximum volume size
From: Federico Alberto Sayd <fsayd AT uncu.edu DOT ar>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:27:12 -0300
Hello, I'm new to Bacula and this is my first message. I have a question:

When I backup to disk, what is the recommended maximum volume size?
Official doc says that with versions up to and including 1.39.28 the
recommended maximun volumen size is 5 GB. I am using Bacula 2.4.4 on
Debian Lenny, this info apply for my installation?

Other non official info provides the next tip
(http://www.lucasmanual.com/mywiki/Bacula#VolumeManagement):

"Limit your volume size to about 10%-15% of the HD capacity. IE, 1TB
drive, volume size 100GB. And then set your max volume on the pool to
((HD space/volume space) - 1) so you don't need to worry about a full HD."

There is an official recommendation about volume size?

What is your experience on this topic?

Thanks, and sorry for my poor english.