Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] two tape drives, one pool

2009-11-02 12:05:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] two tape drives, one pool
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 12:01:49 -0500
Dan Langille wrote:
> I have been using a single stand-alone external DLT drive for quite some
> time.  I recently configured my tape library and just got Bacula to
> label the barcodes.  A very handy feature, BTW.
>
> Now that I have two tape drives [attached to the same bacula-sd] at my
> disposal, I'm considering how best to proceed.  I have a single tape
> pool.  What is a good strategy for distributing the jobs amongst the two
> drives?

It would probably be simpler to just create a second pool. Then define
Storage= in the Pool resource to ensure all jobs storing to pool 1 use
drive 1 and all jobs storing to pool 2 use drive 2. Then you can
distribute jobs amongst the two drives just by assigning some to pool 1
and some to pool 2 in the Job resource for each client.