Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] two tape drives, one pool

2009-11-01 17:41:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] two tape drives, one pool
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 17:38:24 -0500
I have been using a single stand-alone external DLT drive for quite some
time.  I recently configured my tape library and just got Bacula to
label the barcodes.  A very handy feature, BTW.

Now that I have two tape drives [attached to the same bacula-sd] at my
disposal, I'm considering how best to proceed.  I have a single tape
pool.  What is a good strategy for distributing the jobs amongst the two
drives?

FYI Bacula 3.0.3 on FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE, using PostgreSQL 8.3.7